Project Assistant IV
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
22262 Computer Sci
ABOUT THE UNIT
Coordinate grant-, research- and group-related administrative activities such as meetings, conferences, visitors scheduling. Manage research and grant related purchasing, travel and reimbursements as well as process other accounting forms. Manage complex constraints and work with diverse faculty, administrative, and students across the University community to arrange meetings, and organize events that support external community engagement (i.e. government, academic, and industry partners). Support the organization of large-scale events (100’s of attendees) involving the University and the surrounding research and industry community
- Provide clerical/administrative support for students and faculty.
- Responds to emails in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform record keeping and file maintenance tasks such as gathering, printing, sorting and filing materials and data, both paper and digital.
- Manage PI’s and group travel and reimbursements.
- Prepare e-Payments, GEMS reports and assemble papers relating to the reconciliation process.
- Creates google documents and forms and prepare reports based on data received and other special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate research and group-related administrative activities including both on-site and off-site meetings and conference.
- Manage seminars including travel, accommodations, transportation, itinerary and catering for invited speakers; escort speakers while on campus and process travel reimbursement for invited guests.
- Acts as liaison between visitors and the department.
- Process requests for the department’s conference room.
- Arrange schedules for visitors (faculty, postdoc candidate, or visiting students).
- Work with complex external constituencies outside the department and University to arrange events that advance our prestige and research reputation.
- Work with faculty, staff, procurement specialists, and other administrators to fulfill all routine aspects of the procurement process, including purchasing and internal requisitions.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE INCUMBENT TO OPERATE A VEHICLE ON THE JOB?
HEALTH SCREEN REQUIRED?
REMOVE FROM POSTING ON OR BEFORE
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Employer’s Job# JR07088
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.