MBA Intern, Business Development - R0001419
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Working at Horizon is more than a job – it’s personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Horizon Internship Program offers aspiring professionals an opportunity to build a strong foundation of business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to providing program participants with experience-based learning, multidimensional assignments, targeted training, and continual coaching and development.
- Serve as supporting member of aggressive business development team focused on the acquisition of innovative products and companies that complement Horizon’s existing products and leverage its established commercial infrastructure.
- Learn how to build materials and conduct analyses to support effective communications with investors, sell-side analysts and other key stakeholders.
- Support the identification, evaluation and execution of acquisitions and other related business development transactions that enhance the value of Horizon’s business.
- This will include the creation of detailed financial/valuation, competitive and market analyses, coordination of due diligence efforts and integration of acquired products and companies, among other tasks.
- Cross-functional engagement with multiple business units.
- Gain a broad understanding of the responsibilities of a business development role in a pharmaceutical company.
- Strengthen communication and writing skills.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Currently working towards a Master’s in business administration or related field.
- Prior experience in investment banking, private equity or consulting required; relevant pharma experience preferred.
- Interest in biopharmaceutical industry required.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.