ETL Data Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
ETL Data Engineer
Duration: 6 month contract
Location: Chicago IL
This role requires a unique blend of deep technical ability with regards to database skills, ETL systems and excellent visualization skills especially in Tableau, coupled with end customer white glove treatment. Co-creation, definition & delivery of major strategic projects will be the norm. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong customer presence, self-motivation, and strong technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop complex SQL Queries
• Design and delivery of large-scale, high-performance data transformation and storage systems such as ETL using SSIS
• Design and delivery of Analytics. Extract, transform and load with Teradata fastload
• Work heavily with Tableau and other visualization tools
• Develop technical requirements based on business requirements
• Define and manage the full development lifecycle to meet client needs
• Willing to translate business requirements into technical architectures
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Bachelor Degree.
• 4+ years of demonstrated advance proficiency in SQL development methodologies, R and Python
• Strong background in Relational Databases (Teradata, Microsoft SQL, Oracle) and strong ETL (Microsoft SSIS) experience
• Experienced with automation in Python and/or R
• Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• 4-6 year experience using Tableau
• 4-6 year experience using SSIS
• MBA, Master Data Management (MDM), MS in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other advanced technical degree
• Extensive knowledge in Tableau and ETL in SSIS
• Extensive knowledge in Tableau, R, Python and ETL in SSIS and other analytical tools
• Health Insurance industry experience
• Experience with project management
• Familiarity with HIPAA requirements
+ W2/ HOURLY PAY RATE: open (based upon experience and qualifications) Position is “EXEMPT”
+ There is no “per diem” with this position
+ There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs.
+ At this time we are not in the position to offer any type of sponsorships or VISA transfers for this position.
You can email resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe-offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.