Primary Mammography Technologist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Shift: Full time, Days, Weekend as needed
Reporting to the Manager of Mammography, oversees the operations of the specialized Mammography services provided by the Breast Imaging Centers; performs technical procedures; trains employees; maintains department staffing, equipment and supplies.
1. Performs all mammography and interventional breast procedures, automated breast ultrasound (ABUS) procedures, and DEXA bone density exams under the direction of the Radiologists; thoroughly explains procedures to patients; addresses questions and/or concerns.
2. Trains technologists and students assigned to the area in the proficiency of all mammography services and procedures which may at times require specialized imaging. Ensures adequate staffing for our patient compliment.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, treat, and care for adult and geriatric patients; implements assessment/treatment/care based on the diagnosis and results of imaging exams. Educates the patients as it relates to breast health and other services that may be needed. Utilizes and promotes AIDET concepts in all customer interactions.
4. Maintains quality control of equipment by performing daily, weekly monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual QC and determining if there is a need for the OEM to service the equipment.
5. Maintains the mammography suite in a neat and orderly manner; maintains an adequate level of supplies.
6. Orders supplies necessary for mammography services.
7. Initiates service calls, as needed, for mammography equipment; maintains a service record log.
8. Provides image quality critiques for staff on a monthly basis.
9. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth by attending Continuing Education classes, seminars, and by reading professional journals.
10. Collaborates with manager in evaluating employees for performance evaluations.
11. Leads in preparation and evaluations for ACR accreditation and FDA inspections.
12. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program*required.*
2. ARRT certification and current ARRT registration*required*.
3. ARRT Mammography certification and current ARRT Mammography certification*required.*
4. Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency license*required.*
5. Minimum of three years mammography experience*required.*
6. Valid CPR card from American Hart Association.
7. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with patients, families, hospital personnel, and the medical staff.
8. The organizational skills necessary to schedule employees according to the patient workload and to maintain equipment in good operating order.
9. The verbal communication skills necessary to train students and technologists in mammography procedures and to explain exam procedures to patients.
10. The analytical skills necessary to recognize supply defects, equipment malfunctions, and to determine the need to retake films.
11. The ability to use a computer to perform the representative functions and competencies of the job as defined by the Cancer Services Department.
Job: Professional/ Technical Clinical
Title: Primary Mammography Technologist
Location: Illinois-Arlington Heights
Requisition ID: 191801