Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Category: Experience Design
Location: Chicago, Illinois | Minneapolis, Minnesota | Phoenix, Arizona
The Nerdery is looking for a highly motivated and passionate user experience designer to be responsible for crafting the architecture and user experience of our projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The Nerdery’s Experience Design team covers a broad spectrum of practice areas including: discovery and analysis, user research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding encompassing multiple practice areas, or a deep and focused understanding of a single facet. We strongly emphasize user-centered design methodologies, so an ability and desire to justify design decisions with supporting research is a must.
Please attach your resume to the online application in PDF format and upload or provide us with a link to an online portfolio of any interactive work you’ve done.
- Analyze and understand business and application requirements, prioritize and identify user tasks and goals
- Plan and execute a wide range of design methods such as stakeholder workshops, user research, prototype tests, usability tests, iterative design sprints, and more
- Create interactive prototypes either using a tool such as Axure or InVision or through collaboration with developers
- Author a wide range of deliverables to facilitate communication between clients, developers, and designers
- Collaborate effectively with developers, clients, and other designers
- Work effectively within technical, creative, and budgetary constraints
- Adapt to a wide range of project types and timeframes
- Quickly and efficiently identify and prioritize requirements across multiple projects
- Think critically and creatively while maintaining close attention to detail
- Possess a high aptitude for learning
- Communicate clearly and concisely through both written and verbal means
- 3+ years experience designing responsive Web applications
- 1+ years experience designing native mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or 3+ years experience as a UX designer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/h9t55sp2rxqsnr4r