ASSOCIATE DEAN OF CORRECTIONAL PROGRAM AT ILLINOIS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mattoon, IL 61938
Associate Dean of Correctional Programs
Associate Dean of Correctional Programs
Illinois River Correctional Ct
Dean of Correctional Programs North
Description of Essential Functions (critical tasks):
Responsible for administration and coordination of vocational and academic post secondary programs at a correctional facility.
- Insure adherence to guides for courses offered in their programs.
- Plan and schedule course offering at the correctional facility.
- Review and monitor purchase orders prepared by facility staff.
- Insure all rosters are completed on assigned dates.
- Insure attendance records prepared by facility staff are complete and accurate.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Be on work site a minimum of 37.5 hours per week(30 minute lunch).
- Arrive at work site prior to beginning of established shift.
- Supervise evening course offering through classroom visits to each class at a minimum of 2 visits per class per module.
- Serve on such committees for the betterment of the College as may be established by the administration and faculty.
- Attend Administrators,Wardens Meeting and other meetings as assigned.
- Insure proper registration and admissions procedures are followed.
- Observe,support,and enforce the regulations,policies,and programs of the College and inform the President in writing of any problem that might have a detrimental effect on the College.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Notify the Executive Dean of Correctional Programs of absences well in advance.
- Insure inventory of property,caustics,and flammable are maintained in program area.
- Insure accurate control of tools and keys are maintained in program area.
- Insure EGGC forms,task lists and attendance reports are prepared as required.
- Assist institutional personnel during emergency situations.
- Comply with Illinois Department of Corrections regulations and procedures.
- Insure maintenance of accurate and complete financial records of all college transactions at assigned site.
- Insure compliance with purchasing regulations.
- Insure completion of required reports in a timely manner.
- Inspect each vocational area at least once per week.
- Insure time keeping regulations are followed and time reports are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison between LLC staff and D.O.C. staff at assigned site.
- Provide advise,guidance and supervision to assigned staff.
- Insure supplies,equipment and materials are available to each program as required.
- Insure contract required student loads are maintained.
- Insure compliance with Lake Land college regulations and procedures by assigned staff.
- Provide advisement services to students as required.
- Insure compliance with Tuition Reimbursement System.
- Maintain equipment assigned to area.
Specific Functional Job Requirements
Masters Degree Required.
Administrative or Supervisory Experience Required.
Knowledge of Community College procedures required.Knowledge of correctional systems preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.Highly developed problem solving skills required.
Good Interpersonal Skills.
Must be able to perform routine administrative tasks and be able to drive to required locations.Drug Testing Required.
Machines and equipment used:
Computers,OTS/LAN systems,Automobile,Adding Machines and Calculators.
General Employment Statement
A. Length of training and Probationary Period:
B. Hours of Work Day:
37.5 hrs/wk min.
C. Group Affiliation:
Administrative Grade Level: 15
D. Condition of Employment:
Some = 1-3 hours/day Frequently = 4-6 hours/day Very Frequently = 7+ hours/day
Judgment and Reasoning
Equal Opportunity Employer