Service Technician - Westmont IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westmont, IL 60559
As a Technician at Tesla, you ll deliver exceptional service to customers and ensure our vehicles are running at their best every day. Technicians are the heart of each service location, deftly balancing incoming appointments, fulfilling daily service orders, and reinforcing our commitment to the ownership experience. With excellence being the passing grade, your ability to produce results and find ways to drive efficiency will directly impact and support Tesla s mission. You ll have the opportunity to develop valuable technical skills through a combination of training programs and on the job training, while working in an environment that s fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative, and mission-driven.
- Execute basic work on cars and, after training, perform high voltage related work, with or without supervision
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Follow all Tesla specified Repair Guidelines to the accepted quality levels
- Take ownership of the development of your technical expertise by creating and maintaining an Individual Development Plan, with the support of other team members and management
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars
- Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting, including records of time, expenses and materials
- Support other Service Centers, as needed
- Clean and detail vehicles, as needed
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree/Certificate, or work experience in a related technology space (aeronautics, engines, electrical, ships, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and processes, and adapt to change
- Ability to innovate, solve complex issues, and present new ideas
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a team-based environment and achieving common goals
- Evidence of a “safety first” attitude
- Basic command of the English language
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications like Excel and Word
- Valid driver s license in the country in which you are applying, 2 year minimum driving record required with a clean driving history
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 53274
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.