Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bannockburn, IL 60015
- Job ID .#:37506
- Position Type:Full-Time
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:2 – 3 Years
- Functional Area:Finance
- Relocation Provided:No
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for timely and accurate month end execution of the Stericycle financial statement closing process which includes the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related journal entries and account reconciliations, cost accruals, account variance analysis and general compliance with US GAAP and Stericycle Finance Policies. This position will also be primarily responsible for identifying opportunities to simplify work flow or to generate other efficiencies.
Manage the compilation of all critical inputs into the Account-To-Report (ATR) process from each of the accounts and cost centers assigned to this position, ensuring that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has adequately designed source data, parameters and report logic controls and that those controls are effectively operating. This position includes preparing and posting monthly journal entries with adequate support. Perform analyses on accounts assigned.
- Maintain all account reconciliations assigned. Tracks the status of open reconciling items and follow up in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by the Stericycle Finance Policies.
- Ascertain that all standard work assigned to him/her is executed as planned and also brings to attention any opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide finance and accounting support and prepare ad-hoc analyses and financial information as needed. Lead special projects and management requests as needed.
- Participate in Legal Entity Reviews, including internal financial statement reviews of different legal entities, that roll into the business unit in order to provide analytics and insight into business performance.
- Participate in Monthly Management Reviews, including internal financial statement reviews with executive leadership, in order to provide analytics and insight into business performance.
- Compile schedules due to corporate in support of the consolidation process. Understands the need and complies with Stericycle IPE Controls and Management Review Controls.
- Ensures the adherence with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Stericycle Finance Policies and related control standards.
- Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
- Identifies and implements process improvement to drive accuracy and efficiency.
- Support Internal/External Stericycle partners: All levels of management at Stericycle,Corporate Accounting and Reporting, Shared Services organizations, Stericycle Internal Audit, Internal Control Resources group, and External Audit. Participate in special projects, as needed, such as purchase accounting, continuous improvement actions, benchmarking, peer to peer management self-testing, amongst others.
Position Requirements:Education equivalent to BA, BS Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Masters in Accounting, MBA, CPA is strongly preferred or the equivalent in work related experience, demonstrating knowledge of the month end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statements.
Demonstrate s strong knowledge of Sequel Server (SQL) or other company supported report writers.
Two or more years of accounting experience required, demonstrating general accounting principles and practices. Experience in a team lead/senior role is a plus.
Demonstrates an understanding of GAAP and demonstrates the ability to proficiently interpret, apply and explain GAAP to others. Demonstrates a general knowledge of basic accounting process flows and concepts. Demonstrates the ability to maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear and accurate reports.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.