Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62703
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
This position is a project-based opportunity. Project consultants can work on an as needed basis, part-time basis or full-time basis depending on project needs. Projects can vary depending on need, and may include project management duties, engineering consultation, and/or technical/scientific consultation.
1. Assist in implementing projects by offering technical expertise
2. Manage task completion and project resources by developing project plans
3. Organize cross-functional input and resolution meetings
4. Participate in creating pre and post implementation requirements, satisfy policy standards, timelines and compliance
5. Collect and document to support task completion of project directives
6. Develop or assist in managing work breakdown structure of projects
7. Ensure project adheres to scope, schedule and budget
8. Draft project reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing trends and information
9. Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience with MS Office required
- Experience with various types of engineering software preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years of project management, or construction management or similar background experience required
- Bachelor’s or equivalent years of experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Engineering or scientific background preferred
- Experience with local government or transportation experience (including railways and aviation)
- Candidates must be able to work equally well as a team member and independently, have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess good interpersonal communication skills.
Working at Hanson:
- This position has a flexible work schedule
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.