Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61614
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a Transportation Engineer position in the Peoria, Illinois office.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA. We are .#3 in the Mid-Size Employer category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For in Illinois for 2019.
This person will be eager to learn from experienced engineers on challenging roadway and infrastructure projects of all sizes. Projects will typically involve roadway and highway design for local governments, state departments of transportation, and private clients. An interest in roadway drainage design and sustainable infrastructure would be a plus.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Roadway geometric design 3D modeling and cross section development
Designing for complete streets and accommodating all users including pedestrians, bicycle lanes/paths, and transit
Analyzing vehicle turning movements and access to properties
Preparing quantity calculations, cost estimates, and special provisions
Utility coordination and permit development
Roadside safety design
Maintenance of traffic planning
Sign and pavement marking design
Developing construction documents
Other duties as assigned
- Expected to learn and then utilize: Microstation and PowerGeopak (OpenRoads SS4) software to prepare dynamic designs to solve unique engineering challenges
- May have opportunities to learn: Autoturn, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D software
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 0 to 3 years of experience on roadway design and related projects
- FE / EIT Certification or scheduled to take prior to graduation required
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands when needed
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS