Proposal Center Specialist (2020 Internship)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
North America Proposal Center
The Proposal Center Specialist will collaborate with cross-functional, multi-organizational teams, document preparation, version control, response compliance, production and assembly of proposals. Assists proposal managers, graphics specialists, and other proposal writers to develop innovative proposal elements to differentiate Motorola Solutions proposals from the competition.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe, Salesforce, and SharePoint
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized
- Assist in the preparation of small to large proposals for local, state, and federal customers. Participate in proposal process status meetings as required
- Follow electronic file structure, proposal file access, and tracking protocols on Google Drive and Sharepoint to ensure the security and integrity of all proposal documentation; Support Google Drive and Sharepoint archive process and procedures for all proposal materials
- Ensure adherence to proposal templates, processes, tools, and quality standards
- Provide desk top publishing services
- Reviews proposal specifications to understand explicit requirements and stated needs
- Actively listens, takes notes, and asks questions in order to elicit further guidance regarding technical product/service information, customer pain points and goals, and our solutions
- Develops proposal text ( standard proposal content) that can be leveraged across different markets and customer segments
- Manages multiple projects with tight deadlines in high stress environments, prioritizing goals both independently and in collaboration with proposal teams
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree
- Graduation date must be on or after September 2020
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT..
Employer’s Job# R2829
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.