Head of WW Solutions Architecture, Consumer & Pack
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Would you like to own driving the Global Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry strategy for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architecture teams, and work with the world’s largest and most creative companies using our Cloud platform to solve their most challenging problems? Are you passionate about applying the next generation of cloud-based compute and storage services within the CPG industry (including Beauty, Health Care, Home Care, Food & Beverages, Footwear and Apparel). Come join us!
At AWS we are building a cross-functional team of global technical leaders passionate about growing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry. We are seeking individuals with the business background, technical depth, Executive experience and communication skills needed to tackle the complex challenges our CPG industry customers face as they make the journey to the cloud. We’re hiring highly passionate experts in Cloud computing to work with our Solutions Architects and Business Development teams on key customer and partner engagements.
You will possess a technical background that enables you to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels within our customer teams. You possess the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to a variety of technical and business audiences. You also demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, financial implications, and are deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, new native digital environments, and with CPG Industry workloads (including Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Supply Chain and 3PL Systems) and commercial ISV solutions that support these workloads. Your knowledge of data and how to leverage advanced AI/ML will solve complex CPG challenges. Your understanding of the broad CPG industry ecosystem makes you stand out from your industry peers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Together with the Business Development team and the broader AWS team including Partners, Professional Services and Marketing, you will develop the technical elements of the AWS CPG industry strategy for AWS, and plan to engage customers and partners in selected segments within the Industry.
- You will engage with Business Development leaders, Solutions Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, Marketing and Partners to define a solution engagement strategy for AWS operational geographies and key accounts.
- You are responsible for partnering with local domain experts across the globe to identify the most critical technologies for multiple CPG use-cases, including software solutions and best-practices architectures, to guide AWS solution and service strategies.
- You will establish technical credibility in sales cycles, personally and through the broader technical team to drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the CPG space, and credibly represent AWS at Global industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
Must be able to travel approximately 40%
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in senior technical leader positions.
- Practical experience transforming, designing and implementing CPG systems at scale.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: global infrastructure, tiered application architectures, desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, software license management, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- Technical knowledge of common enterprise application and commercial software used across the CPG industry, including 3PL, Inventory Management, Connected assets and Warehousing Systems, Sales & Distribution systems.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, digital customer experiences.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age