Professional Engineer - Electrical
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
If you are a Professional Electrical Engineer who has extensive experience with industrial power/lighting/signal system design, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Rail team in Downers Grove, IL!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural and Architecture professionals to provide planning, design, and construction management services to Class I and shortline railroads, rail transit and commuter rail agencies, municipalities, ports and harbors, and industrial and private developers across the country. In this position, you will work on a variety of project types, including fueling facilities, loading and unloading facilities, maintenance facilities, tank farms, pump houses, and more. With these projects, you will be responsible for developing detailed construction documents, which will include site plans, equipment layouts, floorplan layouts, industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications, and energy conservation.
As a Professional Engineer of electrical and multi-discipline projects, you will work directly with clients and staff to define project scope, manage the budget and schedule, provide technical oversight, and implement quality assurance and quality control measures. Under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Electrical Group Managers, Market Managers, and Vice President of Rail to assist in tracking prospective business opportunities, and representing TKDA at project interviews and networking events.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or the ability to obtain registration within 1 year of employment.
- Five or more years of previous experience with an emphasis on medium voltage power distribution.
- Previous experience serving as a Project Manager or leading electrical design for multi-disciplined projects.
- Previous experience with layout and design of low voltage equipment including MCCs, VFDs, SMCs and basic control circuitry.
- Previous design experience with 120/208, 277/480, 13.8 power, lighting, and signal (fire, security, data/phone, paging).
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Previous experience conducting construction administration and inspection activities.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%) for team meetings, client consultations, and site inspections/visits; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Previous experience with site utility and yard lighting.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Previous experience responding to Requests for Proposals, including estimating electrical fees.
- Thorough understanding of drafting knowledge associated with other disciplines; Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
- Previous experience with business development responsibilities; tracking, pursuing, and securing project opportunities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply online today to join our team!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability