Associate Professor or Professor - SMS-2697
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62702
The Director of Cancer Epidemiology is responsible for developing, promoting and coordination the programmatic aspects of a cancer epidemiology program for Simmons Cancer Institute. The individual will be expected to develop a vigorous, eternally funded research program and to collaborate with other members of the Department, the Cancer Institute, Population Science and Policy, and the School as appropriate. The teaching responsibilities will include participation in the curriculum for undergraduate medical students as well as in the Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Biochemistry Graduate program as appropriate. The mentoring of graduate students in pursuit of the M.S. and Ph.D. degree and postdoctoral fellows is expected.
- Ph.D. or MD/PhD in a relevant biomedical field with demonstrated expertise in cancer epidemiology.
- Experience commensurate with the ability to excel as an independent investigator. Appointments at the Associate/Full professor level requires significant (eight to ten years
- ) experience with credentials that would allow appointment as an Associate/Full Professor.
- Evidence of research capabilities demonstrated by a sustained record of publications in high quality peer-reviewed specialty journals.
- Experience performing and leading research teams as evidenced by principal investigator status on federally funded grant (s). Demonstrated experience in developing and mentoring basic, clinical, educational, or population based research programs is required.
- Evidence of sustained funding capabilities as demonstrated by secured grant monies through public and private sources.
- Sensitive to the needs of underrepresented minority populations.
- Demonstrated leadership and significant practical experience in teaching, research, scholarship, creative professional achievement and development of research programs.
- Record of innovative and effective administration and fiscal leadership.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Health, vision, dental and life insurance offered on Day 1 of employment
13 paid holidays per year
Choice of retirement plans
Generous vacation time
Tuition Reimbursement and Tuition Waivers
Complete an online profile at https://siumed.hiretouch.com/.
Find this Job through the ‘Jobs’ link at the top, left of the page.
Select the ‘Apply to Job’ button at the bottom of this posting.
Complete the Job Source form, letting us know how you learned about this vacancy.
Complete the required forms and upload applicable documents
Certain requirements may apply for out-of-state applicants. Please visit https://siumed.edu/hr and review the specific job listing information for details.
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.