Maintenance Team Lead, 3rd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mattoon, IL 61938
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Maintenance Team Lead will work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for planning and scheduling day to day plant maintenance activities on 3rd shift. The Team Lead will maintain the correct operation of the production lines including all mechanical and electrical services. The Team Lead will perform all work conforming to Conagra Foods expectations and state and local A.S.M.E. standards and codes.
- Use CMMS to plan and schedule maintenance work, manage work orders, maintain equipment histories, track job status and track repair costs.
- Communicate effectively with production to optimize a continuous planning improvement effort.
- Determine total scope / priority of the work to be performed.
- Identify resources required to execute work and verify availability of resources prior to scheduling work.
- Estimate job requirements including number and type of onsite maintenance staff or contractors needed and number of man-hours per task utilizing information from CMMS system.
- Submit written notifications to departments to coordinate planned shutdowns, maintenance, or service activities that could have a business impact.
- Coordinate parts requirements with storeroom personnel.
- Lead the plant in the full utilization of the plant wide CMMS system.
- Promote plant safety, GMP, GSP, and food safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance work conforms to Conagra Foods expectations and state and local A.S.M.E. standards and codes.
- Strong mechanical and electrical technical problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Associates degree, or a minimum of two years from a vocational/technical institution. Applicable trade certification and/or relevant experience are an acceptable substitute for the educational requirement.
- Previous maintenance and electrical experience with proven ability to maintain industrial equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Uses good judgment, keeps commitments and is dependable.
- Adapts to change and willingly accepts new responsibilities, projects, assignments, etc. Accepts accountability for own performance/behavior.
- Previous supervisory experience in a union environment preferred.
- Ability to keep an open mind and listen to diverse views.
- Ability to respect, cooperate and work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and interpret industrial schematics and blue prints.
- Ability to carry out the following functions: welding, electrical troubleshooting, parts manufacturing, and proper operation of shop equipment.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned in support of maintaining the facility and production lines.
- Ability to assists employees in the training of equipment safety and operating methods to maximize efficiencies.
- Ability to assist in construction type work involving the removal or installation of equipment.
The employee must be able to work in strained positions and lift up to 50 pounds, have excellent vision and hearing abilities, and must have the ability to perform job duties effectively and safely.
The temperature will vary depending upon specific working location, ranging from zero degree temperatures in the freezers to hotter temperatures in the oven areas which may reach up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Hearing protection is required and is provided by the plant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.