Skills Instructor, Pharmacy Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
SUMMARY. Implements and, when necessary, modifies curricula for Pharmacy Skills Technician skills instructional program. Teaches subjects in a classroom setting and facilitates participants’ experiences with the individualized program instruction modules where in use. Coordinates activities with other areas of services to participants such as counseling, remediation, practical and job placement activities. Provides ABE instruction to students who lack reading and math skills necessary to enroll in the Pharmacy Technician Program. Serves as back-up to the other instructors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements current curricula and provides students with Pharmacy Technician knowledge which will ensure students are prepared to pass the PTCB exam and begin a Pharmacy career.
- Teaches assigned subjects in a classroom setting. Conducts classroom exercises, drills, tests, reviews and presents explanatory and enrichment materials. Records progress, aptitudes and attitudes.
- Maintains classroom area, checks condition of equipment, supplies, space, seating and general classroom environment. Inventories and requisitions necessary supplies, texts, materials.
- Assists in organizing participant intern experiences working with outside liaison. Seeks out and develops new intern sites.
- Under direction, may arrange tours with participants to see related facilities.
- Acts as back-up to other instructors
- Follows prescribed safety procedures. Acts to ensure safety for self, co-workers and participants.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with professional standards. Works cooperatively with co-workers and maintains congenial relationships with Agency employees and outside representatives. Where appropriate, demonstrates empathy and concern in participant interaction. Complies with all appropriate Agency policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS. B.A./B.S. in Health Sciences preferred, Certified Pharmacy Technician, minimum1 year teaching experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and related pharmacy data base programs. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, participants, and the general public. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Valid driver’s license.
JCFS/JVS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.