Food Service Sanitation Laborer (Open & Continuous
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
Food Service Sanitation Laborer
Department – To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in this series perform and/or coordinate work involved in the cleaning of dishes and kitchen utensils in a food service unit and may assist with the preparation and serving of food. They also perform and/or coordinate other heavy labor in the food service area and may be involved in the storage of food or kitchen equipment. Maintaining safe and sanitary conditions of all work areas, including kitchens, storerooms and refrigerators, is one of the primary responsibilities for employees in this series. These vacancies may occur in departments across the Urbana-Champaign campus. A Food Service Sanitation Laborer typically :
- Scrapes dishes; operates machines and/or hand washes pots, pans, dishes, and silverware; responsible for the storage of cleaned pots and pans
- Cleans and polishes silver
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed in service area; reports equipment failures to the designated supervisor
- Scours and/or cleans counters, cabinets, tables, kitchen equipment, and fixtures in a food service unit
- Cleans garbage cans and disposes of garbage
- Transports dishes, utensils, equipment, supplies to and from proper storage areas; sets up tables, counters, and trays for service; clears tables and transports soiled dishes to kitchen
- Sweeps and dusts food service unit; washes, mops, and scrubs floors and washes walls (as required) in kitchen and serving areas
- Responsible for maintaining supplies of detergents and other cleaning agents
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
Food Service Sanitation Laborer positions are benefits-eligible Civil Service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $14.30 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and Exam Request form for Food Service Sanitation Laborer. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from: SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Staff Human Resources
Food Service Sanitation Laborer (Open & Continuous Testing) (98624)
Illinois Human Resources Operations
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois
welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).