Supplier Development Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60632
At ChemPoint, the essential function of a Supplier Development Manager is to establish and execute plans to advance ChemPoint’s strategic supplier partnerships. This is done by developing product line opportunities and identifying and supporting activities to expand business. This leadership role reports directly to the Director of Sales and Strategic Supplier Development.
Looking for someone to work out of a home office in the Houston or Chicago area.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Increase ChemPoint’s visibility and presence with supplier partners and target organizations to establish ChemPoint as a preferred strategic distribution partner.
- Build a partnership plan to execute measurable goals around growing the business by maintaining strong relationships throughout the target organization.
- You will build and maintain an opportunity pipeline and work closely with Marketing, Sales, and the Leadership team to move suppliers through the pipeline
- Lead supplier interactions to advance strategic alliances, attain new business, and leverage relationships to expand partnerships into new product lines, geographies and customer segments.
- Stay abreast of industry & global trends, exhibiting versatility in developing and maintaining business relationships, and clearly and succinctly conveying ideas and concepts via all modes of communication.
- Initiates action with suppliers to uncover needs and product-line opportunities, negotiates NDA’s, and contracts within area of responsibility.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Four-year college degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, marketing, business or other related discipline.
- Experience in strategic marketing, management and direct sales, preferably as a Market Analyst, or 7+ years equivalent experience.
- Frequent travel for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong telephone skills, active listening skills, consultative selling skills, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including experience using business tools like GoToMeeting, and PowerPoint to aid in supplier presentations.
- Proactive, positive team player who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges and risks on a continual basis.
Univar Solutions/ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.