Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Performs CT scan examinations on patients and coordinates patient flow and the activities of the CT scanner. Prepares exam room, maintains equipment, supplies and radiation needed to perform CT scan procedures. Provides quality care for all patients.
- Have an ARRT registry and maintain an Illinois license from the IEMA Division of Nuclear Safety.
- Must be certified in Healthcare Provider CPR.
- Certification in Computed Tomography preferred.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCE REQUIREMENT:
Infant: 0-12 months
Child: 1 year -12 years
Adolescent: 13 years – 18 years
Adult: 18 years – 65 years
Older adult: 65 years+
- The technologist checks the patients’ chart or scripts to be sure the exam ordered by the physician matches the requisition received by the department.
- Use independent professional judgment to assure exam will clinically evaluate the given diagnosis. Refer to radiologist or ordering physician if needed.
- Performs CT scan examinations on patients of all age groups, mentally and physically handicapped, traumatically injured and oncology patients.
- The technologist will explain the procedure and the function of the equipment to the patients as well as answer any questions the patient may have
- Takes a history on each patient before starting the examination.
- Checks history of previous CT scans when relevant with designated Radiologist before proceeding with the examination.
- Selects proper imaging techniques to maintain ALARA, Image Gently campaigns
- Documents procedure in the patient record in the appropriate area
- Transfers, maintains basic quality assurance issues and recalls images from a PACS system.
- Performs appropriate testing on equipment for safe and efficient operation.
- Reports equipment in need of repair to their superior in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintains necessary supplies to perform all procedures
- Makes recommendation for necessary supplies and equipment repair needed to maintain a safe and efficient operation of the CT Department.
- Participates actively in hospital and departmental quality assurance programs.
- Maintains a clean and aseptic environment for the safety of the patient and the employees.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to, Infection Control, Hand Hygiene, Attendance and Appearance.
- Maintain continuing education credits in compliance with licensing agency.
- Maintain knowledge on the composition, storage and administration of contrast media.
- Actively supports the mission, vision and values set forth by the organization.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.