Field Service Tech II in Spokane Washington
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waukegan, IL 60085
Field Service Tech II in Spokane Washington
Job ID .#:IRC24207
Functional Area: Field Service
Position Type: Full Time Regular
Business Unit: Gaming
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Supervises (list job titles): write “N/A” if not applicable N/A Scientific Games Employer: (choose one) ?Gaming
Job Summary: The Scientific Games (SG), Certified Field Technician 2 is responsible for the completion of assigned tasks at customer locations. These include scheduled calls; installs, conversions, removals, change of ownership (COO), preventative maintenance (PM’s) and unscheduled calls; service and supplies. The Certified Field Technician 2 will be responsible for troubleshooting all customer problems over the telephone and / or traveling to customer locations for repair, installation, COO, preventative maintenance and removal of company equipment with limited direct supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that tools and equipment are kept in proper, safe, and working condition
- Returns completed paperwork for processing in a timely manner
- Provides high quality service to customers
- Troubleshoots problem down to the component level using internal diagnostic tests, options, and functional testing with coins
- Visits clients and performs gaming maintenance
- Performs basic repair and preventative maintenance on assembly level components
- Trains less experienced technicians on use of troubleshooting techniques
- Stays abreast of the latest technology and is able to install updates
- Replaces faulty components when authorized by the customer
- Verifies property specifications so game options and parameters can be set accordingly
- Reviews customer issues with management and tech support
- Ensures customers are satisfied with Scientific Games equipment
- Education: High school diploma or its equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old, as required by law
- Basic electrical or mechanical knowledge.
- Required Experience: One to two years of experience in the assembly, testing, or repair of electronic devices or related field
Preferred Experience: Past Gaming experience, electronics background, mechanical background, IT knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you are based
- Valid gaming card (or ability to obtain one)
- Basic mechanical assembly skills
- Basic knowledge of electricity, electronics, and mechanics of gaming type devices
- Ability to read and understand schematics and service manuals
- Strong customer service
- Desire to lead and help others
- Problem solving skills
- Pleasant personality, especially towards customers
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift/push/move heavy equipment over 70 lbs.
Work Conditions: The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.