Fontanini Production Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McCook, IL 60525
The production operator is capable of contributing to all phases
of the production process. Included is the operation of automated production equipment,
primary diagnosis of machinery failures, aiding with preventative maintenance, and
*sanitation of equipment.
Operators are expected to be competent to make production decisions concerning preoperative checks and operation of equipment. Operators must be flexible and*
adaptable s they may be required to rotate job assignments throughout production.
In addition, it is the responsibility of the operator to contribute to the maintenance of a
safe work environment for themselves and their fellow operators. Position requires
demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or
indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES:
- Checking and maintaining production schedule
- Scaling ingredients
- Loading, operating and unloading mixer(s)
- Checking posted scaling weights and equipment standards
- Performing start-up/shut down sanitation and operator’s preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that work area is clean and organized
- Performing other duties as directed by supervision
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Etc.)
- Responsible for efficiently operating and maintaining assigned production line equipment.
- Capable of efficient and timely start up for production runs.
- Complete required documentation (weights, time checks, and sign off sheets) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform line checks and testing as required.
- Assist line associates to attain performance criteria as it relates to Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Must be 18 yrs of age
- Minimum of 6 months verifiable work experience
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company.
Job tasks may also involve:
- Wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and other equipment as is required by company policies and safe work procedures.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent carrying, bending, standing, sitting, and repetitive motion.
- Employee will be expected to attend safety and GMP training, serve on the facility safety committee if requested and participate in hazard analysis and resolution.
- Working in refrigerated (to include Freezer operations) and non-refrigerated areas of the plant
- Ability to move to all administrative areas of office and plant
- Physical ability to stand a minimum of 8 hours to a maximum of 16 hours on a daily basis.
- Ability to climb fixed and portable ladders to a height of 6 feet.
- Ability to stoop and bend while lifting weights up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb onto and crawl under machinery as required.
- Ability to view product at all work stations and determine adherence to quality control standards
- Ability to distinguish color-coded equipment, operation controls, labels, alarms, and signs.
- Ability to hear and distinguish audible alarms
- Hearing, vision, and smell facilities sufficient to detect malfunctions in applicable equipment
- Ability to view written documents and computer communication systems
- Ability to read and comprehend production schedules, formula sheets, etc. and record information applicable to position.
- Speech and hearing ability that allows the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English or other language if required
- Meet/maintain USDA food handling requirements and other governmental and/or customer requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to wear and use approved, applicable safety equipment, as needed
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules,
adherence to attendance policies
other applicable operating rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to meet FDA guidelines of public safety for work in a food production environment
- All employees will be responsible and accountable for insuring the quality and safety of every function and all products
- 6 Months related Food Manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalency
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.