PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR II (190001OD)
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure-together, we are building your future.
Thisposition is responsible for assisting and supporting Project Managers,Estimating Teams and/or Project Engineers in performing multiple administrativefunctions to ensure efficient, cost effective and professional projectoperations.
- SupportProject Managers, Estimating Teams and Project Engineers with validation ofDisadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certifications and compliancedocumentation during the Project’s Bidding Phase (Pre-award), including goodfaith efforts to comply with State and Federal requirements for DBEparticipation.
- Supportthe project managers with attainment of DBE supplier participation goalsmandated in the prime contract.
- Supportthe project team’s documentation of the validation of DBE’s commercially usefulfunction requirements, DBE payment certifications, and Granite’s good faithefforts to attain DBE goals during the Project Execution Phase (Post-award) toensure compliance with Federal and State contract requirements.
- Prepareand update project Tracking Logs and submit to Project manager ensuring Projectprogress is accurately measured.
- Reviewand update Materials Request Form (MRF) with correct cost codes for internalmaterial transfers to properly account for project costs.
- AssistProject team in preparing subcontractor payments and prime contract billings toensure subcontractor payments and client billings are timely.
- Assistwith purchase orders, enter receiving documents in system and process manualinvoices to ensure success in the full cycle of the procurement process.
- Prepareextra work billings from Daily Extra Work Reports to ensure timely payment fromowner and certified payrolls are in alignment.
- Providebackup for timecard approval and dispatch function to assist in absence ofengineer or manager and ensure continuity of payroll and crew schedulingfunctions.
- Prepare and run cost reports (e1 andFIS), distribute to project team, perform specialized cost analysis andresearch projects as requested to ensure accuracy, timeliness and costeffectiveness.
Education andWork Experience
- High School diploma or Equivalent required
- BA or Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 years of experience in office administration preferred
- 2 years of experience in construction administration preferred
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiencywith MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellentinterpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills
- Highattention to detail and accuracy
- Workingknowledge of the Purchasing and Account Payable module in JD Edwards preferred
- 10Key by touch
- Basicunderstanding of IT hardware and software terminology
- Ableto learn new computer systems quickly
- Basicunderstanding of cost tracking and controls principles
- Workingknowledge of construction equipment, materials, and terminology preferred
- Abilityto operate with all levels of staff
- Willingnessto take on additional tasks
- Abilityto work independently and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talkand hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use handsto operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reachwith hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Granite”) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite’s resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite’s Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace.