Quality Control Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McCook, IL 60525
Fontanini has open positions for Quality Control Leads. Successful candidates will work in our processing production facility located in McCook, IL and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Vacancies on 2and shift with opportunities for over time. Weekend work is required. Specific schedules will be discussed during the interview process.
This position is responsible for supporting validation and verification activities required by internal and external customers, regulatory and SQF. Assist with new product commercialization activities. Support special projects as assigned. Assist with regulatory including export, HACCP and identity preserved. Assist with supplier management programs.
- Populate and create routine reports/trending for KPI’s, regulatory, HACCP, returns, foreign material, SCARs and other assigned reports
- Assist with Export documentation and identity preserved documentation
- Conduction validation and verification activities including sensory testing, gold standards, calibrations (internal and external)
- Assist in new hire training
- Conduct paperwork reviews on quality receiving notes, corrective action tracking and other assigned tasks
- Maintain hold log reconciliation and entries
- Product evaluations of new items, test runs, raw materials, complaints and co-manufactured items
- Maintain change log and assist with SQF document programs
- Relieves QA Leads in production whenever necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Must have food manufacturing experience and computer skills
- Ability to understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete required documentation
- Ability to manage time well, deal with multiple tasks and handle stressful situations
- Good communication and reasoning skills to retrieve information from co-workers and to relay information to and from all employee levels
- Ability to tolerate temperatures of 35 degrees or below for an entire shift
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.