Supervisor Revenue Accountant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Job Title: Supervisor Revenue Accountant
TravelClick offers innovative, cloud-based and data-driven solutions for hotels around the globe to maximize revenue. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick operates in 176 countries, with local experts in 39 countries and 14 offices in New York, Atlanta, Barcelona, Bucharest, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Orlando, Ottawa, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore. Our diverse team’s backgrounds and expertise allows for a global perspective which drives better results and defines our company culture.
TravelClick enables over 50,000 hoteliers to drive better business decisions and know, acquire, convert and retain guests. The Company’s interconnected suite of solutions includes Business Intelligence, Reservations & Booking Engine, Media, Web & Video and Guest Management.
Our award-winning business solutions provide innovative websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 800 website design awards since 2007 from the Interactive Media Awards, W3 Awards, Webby Awards, Magellan Awards, Davey Awards, Mobile WebAwards, Communicator Awards, Horizon Interactive Awards and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.- Our TRAVELCLICK Values - Customer Focus * Excellence * Global * Integrity * Passion * Respect * Teamwork
This role is a key member of the Finance team primarily responsible for technical accounting conclusions and documentation for automated revenue recognition under US GAAP rules. This role will create analysis and recommend actions as needed and will work with the sales and service teams and executive management to help drive process improvements where it relates to revenue recognition and reporting. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and manage a group of 3-4 Global Revenue Accountants. This position reports to the Director of Global Revenue and is located in the Schaumburg, IL office.
• Lead the automated revenue function, in conjunction with the Director of Global Revenue, and ensure all processes are highly organized and efficient through monitoring and developing or revising as necessary policies and procedures and work systems.
• Oversee the monthly automated revenue accounting close process including analyzing and approving journal entries, reconciliations and other working papers and analysis.
• Work across internal teams to ensure proper policies, procedures and ownership in the process.
• Be responsible for identifying and driving improvement opportunities in the automated revenue area. Collaborate with other operations management and supervisory personnel to respond to incidents as required assuring minimum disruption of service.
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and maintained.
• Assist with the external interim and annual audits as it pertains to revenue.
• Work with team to develop measurable goals that strive for continual improvement throughout organization. Develop tools to track timeliness and accuracy statistics so that we can identify areas needing improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across other functional organizations and external business partner organizations. Drive multi-functional alignment to key strategies and action plans.
• Control staffing levels, performance management and staff development.
• Audit, analyze and evaluate financial transaction data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Provide financial system data analysis and maintenance.
• Ensure high level of teamwork and cooperation within team.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of Revenue Accounting experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
• 3+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
• Extensive experience in application of US GAAP, specifically in the area of revenue recognition, including multiple element arrangements, Software as a Service, and Best Estimate of Selling Price.
• Experience with full quote-to-cash cycle processes.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Intermediate).
• CPA or CPA seeking is preferred.
• Ability to work with large amounts of data and identify inconsistencies and problem areas.
• Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports.
• Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively partner fellow colleagues of all levels.
• Positive team player and ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver on commitments.
• A focus on continuous improvement.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.”