Senior Specialist Solutions Architect, EC2 Spot
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Amazon Web Services is (AWS) looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and excellent interpersonal skills. This role is a Specialist Solutions Architect (SA) focused on EC2 Spot.
You will partner with other SAs and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures for customers in the EC2 Spot compute space. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers understand best practices around advanced EC2 Spot solutions, and how to run EC2 Spot in a scalable yet cost-effective manner on AWS. The successful candidate will possess experience running scalable compute workloads in the cloud, and be able to translate cloud computing concepts into business value for these accounts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as thought leader and align knowledge around integration between Spot and other AWS services
- Lead initiatives to bring together, grow, and share best-practice knowledge for EC2 Spot among the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blog posts and whitepapers
- Provide technical guidance and work closely with other solution architects and customers to leverage Spot where it is most effective for our customers.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Develop and lead demos/workshops at key industry events
- Must be willing to travel approximately 40%, including some international travel.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA
- 7+ years experience with IT architectures and systems for large-scale production applications
- Technical consulting and architecture with large-scale engagements
- 3+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of cloud compute solutions
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Container architecture, design or development
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Scalable batch processing solutions
- Software development methodologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age