Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bannockburn, IL 60015
- Job ID .#:38254
- Position Type:Full-Time
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:3 – 5 Years
- Functional Area:Human Resources
- Relocation Provided:No
Research, analyze, support and administer corporate benefit programs in a manner supporting company culture and ensuring policy and statutory compliance with governing agencies. Determine administrative procedures, recordkeeping and employee communication needs and work with the benefits and HR teams to fulfill those needs.
- Provide technical research, answer employee questions regarding interpretation of benefit policies, and complete third party requests. Work with carriers and providers in monitoring systems and administration of plans, and assist employees with problem resolution.
- Work with the Leave of Absence (LOA) Project Manager to support and manage all administrative aspects of LOA program, including calculating and auditing all bi-weekly and weekly LOA pay amounts reported by the TPA and coordinating payments and adjustments with the Company’s payroll team. Ensure coordination and payment of accruals during applicable elimination periods. Manage coordination of state-paid disability programs. Work closely with the HRIS Department in updating team member status in system of record. Provide guidance to Management regarding pay and use of time off benefits and other administrative functions during LOA events.
- Act as subject matter expert for the Leave of Absence (LOA) programs (including STD, LTD, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, SDI and Company-sponsored leaves of absence) as well as other benefits policies and procedures, supporting business partners and team members within this process.
- Support the development and coordination of communications for HR Managers and team members, such as Annual Enrollment materials, Team Member Handbooks, and Company newsletters, including the facilitation and coordination of train-the-trainer sessions, employee meetings, education seminars, acquisition integration meetings, and new hire orientation.
- Serve as primary back-up to Sr. Benefits Specialist on weekly and monthly processing and reconciliation related to the 401(k) and NQDC plans for employee contributions, loan repayments and other transactions. Provide funding schedules to Finance and resolve any issues with record-keeper, HRIS/Payroll, and Finance departments.
- Process and track monthly expenses for Corporate Benefits Department.
- Develop and maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform position responsibilities. Stay abreast of current trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit plan design, administration and compliance.
- Coordinate the severance process including preparing packets, tracking documents, communicating payments to payroll and resolving questions from former employees.
- Perform other related duties as required or requested including, but not limited to:
Keep Benefits Manager, LOA Project Manager & Sr. Benefits Specialist informed of all pertinent matters related to position responsibilities.
Act as a liaison with third parties and insurance carriers to obtain information, settlements, claims and utilization data.
Maintain effective working relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
Coordinate and facilitate Wellness, EAP and SteriCares projects and programs
Administer Tuition Reimbursement Program
Maintain and coordinate various communication updates including Benefits Mailbox, SteriPoint, ExpertPoint, Compliance Calendars, Contact Distribution Lists, etc.
Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements:Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business, or the equivalent in related work experience with knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, and HIPAA.
- Three or more years of Human Resource experience, ideally with experience with outsourced Human Resources and/or outsourced benefits solutions, with emphasis in Benefits, demonstrating general knowledge of HRIS Systems.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems preferred.
- Experience in administration, compliance and regulatory aspects of benefit plans including Health, Dental, Life, ADD, Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, time away from work, voluntary benefits, and 401(k).
- Demonstrates the ability to review and proofread work for accuracy and complete specific aspects of assignments, as directed. Concentrates on tasks at hand, even in distracting work environments.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions. Present prepared information to individual and groups in a manner that is clear and concise, holds their interest and addresses their needs or concerns.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identifies specific activities required to accomplish objectives, ranks them in order of importance, and takes action to achieve desired results. Prioritizes multiple activities and projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.