Continuous Improvement Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Elgin, IL •
ID: 45810 •
Apply excellent functional knowledge of process improvement methodology and practice to lead and facilitate Continuous Improvement activities in our Content and Creative Services location in Elgin targeted at cost reduction, productivity and process optimization, and/or quality performance achievement. Evaluate process improvement opportunities, define process metrics, and develop improvement plans. Coordinate with other departments to identify and prioritize process improvements to achieve operational excellence.
- Gathers, analyzes and interprets data. Analyzes trends or variations in order to define problems.
- Prepares reports, charts, tables and other visual aids to summarize operations and highlight findings.
- Review for accuracy to Standards and process document changes, additions and deletions according to Document and Data Control Standard Practice.
- Ensure conformance with overall company standards relating to documentation and record systems.
- Identify current procedural documents, obsolete documentation and practices not documented. Assign re-write to documents as appropriate.
- Maintain all documentation needed to satisfy ISO standards including quality records, training records, non-conformance/corrective action records and internal audit records.
- Monitor compliance to Non-conformance and Corrective Action Standard Practice to ensure effectiveness of process.
- Assist in planning and preparing quality, ISO, procedural and process training by coordinating or performing training with appropriate parties.
- Assist in the creation of presentations and training sessions for continuous improvement.
- Participates in and leads improvement projects as required.
- Lead Audit team and coordinate audit plan.
- Assists in discovery and on boarding or revising client procedures.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor degree in similar work role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of document control procedures.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Maintain knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator), Microsoft Office software applications or other technical tools for completing assignments and understanding production team utilization.
- In-depth knowledge of six sigma methodology preferred.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent written, verbal, listening and other communication skills (reports, training decks, etc.), including the following:Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience tar
Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, coaching and organization skills.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.