Technical Sales Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60159
Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Technical Sales Manager- Disinfection Division, in the North Central Region of the United States.
The Technical Sales Manager develops and maintains accounts for equipment sales and service for all disinfection products and solutions offered by the Disinfection Division for all types of water and water-related solutions for contaminants along with the associated equipment and operating services for the Northeastern region.
The ideal candidate will be central to the geography covered, preferably stationed out of the Schaumburg, IL facility but based remotely. The primary responsibility of this position is to grow all revenue segments for Gas Feed equipment, UV, On-Site Hypochlorite generation systems, Ozone Disinfection Systems and Chlorine Measurement Analyzers through direct and indirect sales channels.
Additional responsibility includes, growing the service component of target and existing accounts while working closely with other Evoqua divisions to leverage relationships and selling the disinfection portfolio. The position will focus on customers in municipal utilizing channel partners and selling direct to industrial markets, including the hydrocarbon and chemical processing, food and beverage, municipal, remediation markets and the consultants or service companies engaged in these markets. Experience with water treatment is preferred.
This position is a fast-growing division within Evoqua that will position the successful candidate for individual growth with the company.
- Manage a specific geographic territory, including existing channel management, set pricing to existing customer base while prospecting for new business
- Assist clients with technical solutions to help identify and resolve their water and disinfection treatment issues; including municipal, food & beverage, industrial, oil & gas, and chemical markets
- Develop and maintain plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty
- Develop, build and cultivate long-term relationships with key management within customer organization
- Utilize CRM tools to record customer interactions and maintain customer opportunity information
- Perform client presentations, articulating the value proposition of product, solution and service offerings
- Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels
- Manage the customer relationship as well as relationships with internal business center partners to ensure the effective development and delivery of solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Science is preferred.
- Knowledge of Environmental regulations for municipal and industrial water treatment with a focus on capital selling is a plus.
- Knowledge of UV, AOP, Chlorine measurement, Ozone Generation and On-Site Hypochlorite Generation techniques and Suppliers
- At least 3-5 years sales experience in a similar industrial industry.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other software will be an important component of success in the position.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record must meet eligibility requirements to drive company vehicle.
- Successfully demonstrated experience selling or experience in the Disinfection product line.
- Ability to develop solutions, review design, costing, and installation estimates with the Application Engineering, Project Management, service and aftermarket organizations.
- Can travel by car or air to customer sites, sales meetings, trade shows, regional training or sales meetings nationally with up to 50% overnight travel.
- Achieve the required amount of external sales calls as defined by metrics for the sales position.
- Independently performs professional work that typically requires interpreting and processing complex data.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The La
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO