Senior Leader, AWS Solutions Architecture, Securit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects.
This role can be based in any AWS hub office within the US: Herndon, New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle
You develop the industry’s best cloud-based Security, Identity, and Compliance Solutions Architect team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation, and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with the field sales organization, you enable business outcomes across a broad set of customers.
If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Security, Identity, and Compliance Solutions Architects.
In this role, you need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as useful in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, establishing thought leadership by looking beyond the technology, considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change technology perspectives is an essential aspect of the role. You help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
You need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You are dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a significant impact.
- Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You have a passion for educating, training and enabling cloud security and compliance experts for a diverse and challenging set of commercial customers.
- Have a strong understanding of cloud security, identity, and compliance solutions, security, identity and compliance partners, or relevant consulting experience. The ideal candidate has experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so that you can make substantial contributions to in-depth architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage with customers and critical AWS business partners such as professional services, partners, support, and services teams.
- Hire, onboard, train, and develop new Security, Identity and Compliance Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Educate commercial customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to design security and identity solutions for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates.”
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- 7+ years sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
- 5 + years of experience in information security or compliance role
- Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age