Practice Manager Data and Analytics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
We are looking for a Professional Services Data & Analytics Practice Manager for our Americas Data & Analytics Delivery Practice. Location flexible, as long as you are located in a major metropolitan hub in the US. Preference given to the following locations: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, New York City, Washington DC and Atlanta.
Are you interested in working with the largest organizations in the world as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive digital transformation projects in their organization’s history? Does the prospect of helping these organizations go digital through the adoption of cloud-based Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions excite you? Can you lead world-class teams of Data Engineers and Data Architects that drive breakthrough business outcomes?
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment in our AWS Americas Data Analytics Professional Services Practice. You will lead a team of AWS Data Analytics consultants and collaborate with our Service teams and local Partners to deliver business value to our customers.
The role requires both a deep Customer Obsession and Deliver Results mentality. You will also work closely with your Professional Services colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) to provide more comprehensive data-enabled solutions. You will collaborate with our AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architect, Training and Service teams to help customers deploy our current solutions and provide input into new features and functionality.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience delivering business value to customers with Data Analytics solutions
- 5+ years Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on Data Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
- Customer relationship management experience in a consulting team leadership role
- Knowledge of data landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
- Knowledge of optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytic Cloud solutions.
- Consulting sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age