Data Analytics Team Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Job LocationsUS-IN-Indianapolis | US-MO-Kansas City | US-CO-Denver | US-IL-Chicago | US-IL-Chicago – Willis Tower | US-MO-Springfield
Data Analytics Team Lead
Forensic & Valuation Services
The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Team Leader for our Big Data & Analytics Practice. This position will lead with our data analytics team in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. This role will include significant business development and selling responsibilities which will include travel and presenting at conferences and BKD seminars.
The Data Analytics Team Leader may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
- Lead others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects – this could include planning, developing and performing routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
- Work with BKD’s Project Management Office to design innovative data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
- Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
- Lead the data analytics efforts to design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
- Lead the business development efforts to grow data analytics revenue for the Firm through collaborating with local BKD offices and through external marketing initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, Major in Computer Science a plus.
- Coursework in computer science, analytics, information systems or a related field preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience with the following software packages:ACL
SQL Server Database
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience applying advanced statistical methods to solve business problems
- Proficient with machine learning tools and concepts
- Familiarity with Visual Basic, Ruby, Scala, Python or other programming languages
- Familiarity with Hadoop/Spark ecosystems
- Ability to prioritize and execute recurring and non-recurring tasks
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to understand business environments in various industries
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Discipline to perform detailed analytics while maintaining focus on the overall project objectives
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative work style
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High attention to detail
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: .
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.