Sr Infrastructure EngineerArchitect - Cloud, Automation and Virtualization
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Alight’s employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
- Serving as the infrastructure engineering/architect SME for a wide range of initiatives on On-Prem and AWS platforms.
- Understands and can provide guidance on server, storage and virtualization technologies
- Familiar with Converged and HyperConverged infrastructure solutions. Preferably Dell/EMC VxBlock, VxRail and VxRack.
- Be able to build out from the ground up and maintain an AWS region/solution.
- Architecting solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing and influencing the building of our On-Prem and AWS services
- Designing and influencing software-defined networks and secure data access on the On Prem and AWS platforms
- Integrating AWS asset and service provisioning with code release and continuous deployment processes.
- Experience with a Cloud Management Platform (CMP Preferably vRealize and Terraform)
- Assist and guide others in establishing automated software deployment and configuration management.
- Assist and guide others in creating code assets and tools to accelerate deployment and increase maintainability.
- Coaching our internal IT partners and application support teams on being self-sufficient in leveraging our AWS platforms.
- Minimum of 8 years technical experience with hands on working knowledge of on Premise and AWS platforms.
- Designing and influencing the connectivity between disperse environments, including route tables, Peering, VPN, Transit VNET/VPC/gateway, security groups, and access lists
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Employer’s Job# R-7598
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.