Packaging Layout Artist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Packaging Layout Artist
Elgin, IL •
ID: 46063 •
This position will execute packaging creative and production for several major international brands.
The qualified candidate will possess the ability to deliver exceptional packaging artwork for multiple clients and projects. The Packaging Layout Artist will create artwork that maintains design integrity and established branding while effectively interpreting the creative into a deliverable that is reproducible on press. Additionally, this position will provide creative layout solutions for packaging and branding projects. This hourly position will require flexibility with overtime.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain client brand guidelines and standards for packaging.
- Provide brand stewardship through development of packaging creative and production.
- Produce solid creative solutions to client defined objectives.
- The production of packaging final artwork based on established brand guidelines.
- Able to follow project throughout all stages of design and version development.
- Produce multiples of branded packaging families that maintain consistency throughout execution.
- Produce technically correct, print-ready mechanicals for release to print.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with creative, production, photography, account and proofreading team members.
- Work on multiple projects effectively and efficiently, using a detail-oriented approach to workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Produce with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Maintain a consistently high level of quality, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Review and proof artwork to verify quality, technical thoroughness, accuracy and adherence to all known standards.
- Understand the requirements and limitations of the various types of package printing.
- Provide basic photo direction that aligns with brand standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Strong portfolio focused in packaging that displays a command of product lines.
- A strong sense of design and typography while having the ability to grasp client needs and produce practical solutions.
- 7+ years of packaging production artwork development within the retail or CPG market vertical.
- 5+ years of packaging creative experience.
- Extremely detail oriented and experienced in pre-print file preparation.
- Proven ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in packaging standards and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines as well as being flexible with multiple changes.
- Advanced Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience as it relates to packaging.
- Understand dieline construction and printer requirements as it relates to the development of artwork.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to produce independently in a team environment.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies within a given sku in comparison to an overall category.
- Drawing skills for rough concepts a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or equivalent experience.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.