Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
1. Repair, maintain, and operate floor maintenance equipment, which includes, but not limited to, wet/dry vacuums, vacuum sweepers, scrubbers, auto scrubbers, carpet cleaner/extractor, and burnishers. If necessary, this would include picking up the machine at the school, bring it to the shop to repair it, and return it to the school.
2. Deliver janitorial and maintenance products, which includes, but limited to: paint, propane for burnishers, 5 gallon containers of stripper, gym seal, floor finish, stoddard, etc.
3. Apply gym floor finish.
4. Install projection screens; map brackets, soap and towel dispensers, etc. Must have the knowledge and ability to know what type of anchors to use on different surfaces.
5. Remove graffiti. If necessary this includes transporting and operating a pressure washer.
6. Help with repair of sport’s equipment-basketball backboards & rims, volleyball equipment, etc.
7. Repair lockers.
8. Repair restroom partitions.
9. Repair furniture.
10. Operate the street sweeper.
11. Operate the forklift.
12. Operate lawn care equipment-lawn mowers, riding mowers, weed trimmers, blowers, etc.
13. Operate a propane torch.
14. Operate a snowplow and salt spreader.
15. Operate maintenance service vehicles.
16. Setting post for signs, fence, etc.
17. Assist in setting parking blocks.
18. Assist with dump truck duties when needed.
19. Assist with the moving truck duties as needed.
20. Run the in service mail system (pony) when needed.
21. Delivery of bulk mailings and US mail from the Administration Building to the Post Office.
22. Delivery of warehouse supplies.
23. Deliver commodities to kitchen locations (high schools).
24. Pull orders from Warehouse inventory.
25. Perform surveys and inventory as directed by supervisors.
26. All duties associated with Swing Custodian position.
27. All duties associated with the Preventative Maintenance Program