Product Engineering Manager - Elgin, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
The Vehicle Service Market (VSM) Business Unit has been created recently, to be able to focus on the specific needs and developments in the automotive aftermarket. To be able to meet the rapidly changing market demands, which result out of digitalization, our business model will need to go through a transformation. To enable our ambitious development of sales and profitability, the new organization will strengthen the global Product Line Management. Product Line will play a key role defining the global strategy and be a key for the future success of the Business Unit.
Product Development Manager
You may know SKF as the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our around 40,000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
The product engineering manager role has the responsibility for developing new products for the Vehicle Service Market Heavy Duty aftermarket.
- Develop new products for VSM Heavy Duty in cooperation with product development of other units
- Work with purchasing and suppliers to ensure we have cost effective sourcing.
- Support supplier and product approval process
- Interact with Sales, Applications Engineering, Process Engineering and Manufacturing with the launch of new products
- Run continuous improvement activities to define and update design criteria for products and components within the current product range focusing on the needs of VSM
- Manage relationship and knowledge sharing with process development, purchasing, etc and other product lines
- Support industrialization of new products and support also after SOP
Knowledge and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus
- Customer application knowledge with direct customer interaction experience a plus
- Previous experience developing new products
- Knowledge of the truck market is a plus
- Good organizational and Project Management skills; being able to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Persistent and self-driven.
- Pro-active and open-minded team player with ability to drive change and influence others
- Willingness to occasionally travel is necessary.
For more information, visit us at https://www.facebook.com/SKFUSA/ or www.skf.com or follow us at #SKFisEverywhere.
SKF works to reduce friction, make things run faster, longer, cleaner and more safely. Doing this in the most effective, productive and sustainable way has made the SKF Group a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring, asset efficiency optimization, engineering consultancy and training.
Employer’s Job# 7910
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.