Hospital/Health Information Mgmt. Specialist_Auror
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60504
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over $14 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. ATOS is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands within Atos, Atos WORLDGRID, Atos SYNTEL, Atos UNIFY. Atos is an SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index. For more information please visit, !
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
Health Information Management [HIM] Specialist
Tuesday – Friday 10am-6:30pm; Saturday 6am – 2:30pm
- Collect, tracks and reconciles patient medical record information obtained from nursing units/depts once patient is discharged.
- Utilizing facility guidelines preps/assembles and scans/files records for document storage and/or imaging. Facilitates data integrity of all medical record documents necessary to complete upload to document imaging system by performing quantity and quality checks on scanned and indexed medical record information as part of Quality Control (QC) and validation process.
- Works in the EMR system by way of reports and/or work queues to support record completion, coding, release of information and overall management and maintenance of the legal health record.
- Serves as an information resource by responding to requests for general and medical record information received via phone, e-mail, fax, or in person. Retrieves records for patient care, studies, committees, and other requests and works with other departments (i.e., Registration, Patient Accounts) as needed to problem-solve accounts.
- Reviews andidentifies duplicate medical record numbers ensuring each patient and number is unique and correct to safeguard the integrity of the Master Patient Indexthereby providing an accurate database for all applicable systems.
- Other duties as required by shift assignment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn medical terminology
- Possess the analytical skills necessary to review and assess documentation deficiencies in medical record information.
- Ability to maintain production and quality standards as set forth by HIM Department policy and/or standard operation procedures.
- Ability to read and speak fluent English and understand filing systems in a medical record environment.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, other hospital department personnel and the public.
- Health Information Management Associates Degree preferred
- Fully competent professional that can apply a broad knowledge of concepts necessary for the position.
- Ability to focus on details, accurately perform job duties, and meet quality/production expectations.
- Ability to navigate and utilize basic computer software applications and the ability to multitask in a fast paced ever changing health care services environment.
- Prefer minimum of one-year medical records or medical billing experience, preferably experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to perform basic clerical duties that include operating standard office equipment including computer, fax machine, photocopier, microfiche, telephone, etc.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange accurate information with internal and/or external customers on a frequent basis.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage medical record content within an EMR or paper medical record and perform accurate and timely release of records following appropriate policy and guidelines.
- Ability to complete record processing function requiring detailed review of key components of a medical record and supporting documentation.
- Analytical skills necessary to review and assess record deficiencies in medical information.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please ‘click to apply’ and complete our online application form and attach your CV in Word or rtf doc format. Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong..#AtosCareers
Atos is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran