College of Fine & Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
The Department of Urban & Regional Planning at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure track and will be either part-time or full-time depending on needs of the Department.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the Department in one or more insructional fields, mentoring or overseeing Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, and meeting with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master’s degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Proposed Starting Date: January 1, 2020
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu, and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, and an indication of the course(s) or subject(s) for which you would like to be considered.
- A current CV.
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by December 1, 2019. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position or application procedures, please contact Margo Kiener at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
College of Fine & Applied Arts
College of Fine & Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty – Department of Urban & Regional Planning (125183)
Urban and Regional Planning
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois
welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).