Industrial Territory Sales Representative - Wheeling, IL (Gr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wheeling, IL 60090
Piedmont Plastics is the leading distributor and fabricator for the delivery and conversion of plastic sheet, rod, tube and film products in the U.S. Celebrating over 50 years of continuous success, we have over 500 employees located in 48 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. We are currently seeking an exceptional?Outside Sales Representative?to add to our?Wheeling, IL branch.
This role will promote and sell products and services primarily in-person. If you are a highly motivated, self-starting sales professional with a strong work ethic, and are looking to join a winning team, we have a home for you. We believe hard work and results deserve the utmost rewards, and we offer an excellent compensation package (Base + Commission) with outstanding employee benefits.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Develop new accounts through prospecting, networking, cold calling and referrals.
- Provide sales support to existing accounts, work and close daily opportunities, continuously expanding the customer base.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing accounts.
- Communicate daily with sales team/management on the status of orders and customer concerns.
- Maintain and enhance product and technical knowledge in the plastics industry.
- Follow-up on leads and application opportunities.
- Contribute to the team effort.
To be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of outside sales experience in plastics, industrial distribution or graphics-related sales experience with a track record of exceeding assigned sales goals
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of two year’s related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in plastics, industrial distribution or graphics-related sales
- A personal vehicle in good condition
- Basic computer skills
- A willingness and desire to travel almost exclusively and the schedule to allow some overnight travel as well
- A positive attitude and are a team player!
- Competitive compensation package of base salary plus commissions
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life, AD&D
- Auto and cell-phone allowance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Reimbursement
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan including employer matching.
If interested, please press the Apply Now button and complete our online application.
No phone calls please from applicants or staffing firms.
Piedmont Plastics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you would like more information regarding our company, please visit our web-site at www.piedmontplastics.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor?s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO