Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Client Position Title: Corporate Accountant
Position Number: 329785
Location: Chicago, IL 60603
Required Skill Set:
Accounting, CPA, SOX
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Corporate Accountant
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 9 Months
Location: Chicago, IL 60603
1 Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process for Business Unit or functional area of responsibility, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances. Consult and liaise with operating unit finance personnel on accounting issues. 40%
2 Prepare, review and analyze account reconciliations for companies and/or designated functions within Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. 20%
3 Prepare the monthly reporting packages, including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in internal and external reporting. Assists in the accounting, analysis and budgeting of various accounts in coordination with FP&A. 20%
4 Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller’s Group and Business Units as required to accomplish goals. 10%
5 Assist, as needed, in special projects and the implementation of changes in FASB/GAAP. 10%
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
• At least 2 years of related experience
• Recent (in the last 2 years) public accounting experience (Big Four, Grant Thornton, RSM) or experience working in a Controllership group at a Fortune 500 publicly traded company.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance
• Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues
• Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
• Effective team building and leaderships skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect
MBA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
Regulatory/utility/FERC/SEC reporting or energy industry experience
• Perform day-to-day activities associated with the monthly financial statement close process.
• Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
• Proactively notify Principal, Manager or Director of any accounting/reporting issues or concerns.
• Work closely with other departments and Business Units regarding accounting activities.
• Work output has considerable impact on the work of other financial functions, reporting and decision making processes. Impact on earnings focuses on appropriate utilization / development of resources.
• Work with various parties, both within the Controller’s Group as well as other areas of the company, to accomplish goals, resolve issues and enhance and improve processes. Contact with others requires tact and persuasiveness.
• Work is varied and somewhat difficult in nature, but usually involves limited responsibility. Requires moderate exercise of judgment, initiative, and ingenuity to select the most appropriate course of action.
• May participate in planning processes at project and departmental level.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Position, at times, may require overtime, weekend work and limited travel.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)