Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belvidere, IL 61008
Monday – Friday 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 170+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, the Shipping and Receiving Associate will keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments by providing information, direction, and scheduling regarding product acceptance, delivery, and storage.
- Work with others to representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Resolve issues related to overages, shortages and damages.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact customer to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain correspondence with customers, including receipts, invoices (if required), and tallies.
- Document all correspondence.
- Provide assistance in answering the telephone, resolving distribution center problems, and providing backup to the warehouse.
- In conjunction with distribution, schedule deliveries.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Tools and Technology: Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
- May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and Drug Free Workforce