Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Woodstock, IL 60098
Individual who act as the central point of communication among patients, partners and providers; responsible for providing front line activities to include scheduling, registration, cash handling and overall support services to patients and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel and routes Epic Messages to nursing and provider as appropriate.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
• Answers questions about organization, physicians, and available services, providing callers with address, directions, and other information as appropriate.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
• Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
• Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
• Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
• Performs other clerical duties as needed.
Epic Scheduling and Registration
• Schedules patient appointments
• Responsible for EMR (Electronic Medical Records) registration /check-in processes in Epic.
• Loads, verifies and updates patient demographics.
• Scans, loads and verifies insurance coverage.
• Collects signed HIPAA and Consent for Treatment documents, updates the interactive face sheet and sends documents to Medical Records for scanning.
• Reviews all “Alerts” in Epic and refers patient to a PFC when necessary.
• Collects co-payments and other self-pay obligations when required and post in Epic when registering patient.
• Provides patient with an estimated self-pay obligation when appropriate.
• Performs cashiering functions/online payment posting within Epic.
• Processes payments and deposits by adhering to the system’s Cash Handling Policy.
• Completes daily closing report and balances their individual cash drawer at the end of each day.
• Performs petty cash count in and out daily and records appropriately.
• Assist patients with MyChart signup and activation.
• Replies to MyChart messages in a timely manner, closing messages when complete.
• Safeguards patient privacy and confidentiality per MHS policies.
• Preps Routes daily for upcoming appointments for frontline registration.
• Reviews daily work queues and corrects identified patient registration errors.
• Utilizes Epic waitlists based on provider preference.
• Reviews and updates no-shows and cancellations for the day.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Understands and demonstrates Critical Moments of Service techniques and standards
Ensures reception & lobby areas are well maintained and clean
May be required to work flexible hours and overtime during peak hours.
Preforms all other duties as assigned.
May be responsible for working in alternate locations
CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality – Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service – Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering – Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost – Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent
Previous medical reception experience preferred.
Passing the Driver’s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring).
Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or IL Health Care Workers Background Check.
Must be able to follow written/oral instructions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic knowledge of keyboard skills and medical terminology preferred.
Good interpersonal & written communication skills.
Basic knowledge of Epic preferred.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occupational Exposure: Category C – No partners in the specified job classification have occupational exposure.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Neonate (birth – 28 days)
Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 year – 12 years)
Adolescents (13 years – 17 years)
Adult (18 years – 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years and older)
Non-Specific Task (N/A)
Partner may access patient care information needed to perform their job duties.
WORK CONTACT GROUP
Partners, physicians, patients/family, visitors, vendors.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Medium work exerting 10 to 25 lbs of force or lifting occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, handle, finger, feel, reach, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include frequent close vision and ability to adjust focus and occasional distance vision. Prolonged sitting. Manual dexterity needed to operate telephone and keyboard.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Some independent judgment is required, but alternatives are limited by standard practices or procedures.
There are no supervision duties.
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.