Kitting Assembly Handler
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60007
Permanent Part-Time 10:00am – 2:00pm (20 hours per week)
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 7,000 employees in Canada and the United States, and a revenue of C$2.0 billion in 2016. With our 3 business segments in Print, Media and Packaging we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. As the largest printer in Canada & one of the largest in North-America, you will join a team that is committed to helping everyone excel and reach their goals. The Print division has over 4,500 employees & 18 state-of-the-art print plants.
Kitting Assembly Handler will report directly to the Kitting Team Leader / Kitting Supervisor. Primary responsibilities will be to build retail kitted items, co-packing or collating items in a directed fast paced, detailed orientated environment. This role is located in Richmond Hill.
What you will do* Assist with set-up and breakdown of each job;
- Ensure that all products are kitted to TC quality and production standard, including not limited to assembly boxes, packing and the operation of a shrink wrap machine;
- Coordinate with Team Leader to have all kitted material moved to the shipping dock, and that all overs are kitted, labeled and advised of disposition;
- Maintain a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace;
- Maintain product quality;
- Good attention to detail and a critical eye for identifying defects and non-conformances;
- Actively participate, and support, Continuous Improvement initiatives;
- Location, shift, duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
What you have to offer* High School Diploma or GED equivalent, with previous relevant experience;
- Strong capability to work with management on all levels within the organization and harmoniously within a team environment is required;
- Previous production, kitting, assembly and or packaging experience helpful.
- Exceptional attention to detail and good command of the English language (read, write, speak) with respect to:understanding and following all verbal and written instructions;
completing paperwork and requisitioning of materials accurately and efficiently;
complying with safety procedures and processes;
- Effective communication skills: internal and external customers;
- Strong skills in problem identification and solution-oriented problem solving;
- Physical ability to lift up to 40-45 lbs unassisted;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within in a team environment;
- Well organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place.
What we have to offer* Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
Sector: TC Transcontinental Printing
Job Function: Manufacturing
EOE U.S. Legal Note
TC Transcontinental is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g83j3247k364559w