Principal Equipment Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Abbott Park, IL 60064
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
- Develops, plans, coordinates and directs engineering aspects of projects of varying size and scope and manages or provides technical support for multiple, often concurrent projects.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the global maintenance excellence program (MEx) to maximize equipment asset life and optimize work processes, procedures and operating practices.
- Establishes workable and trackable schedules. Works with staff, outside firms, and/or consultants to agree on plans and timetables for a specific project; identifies pinch points or conflicts, e.g. determines verification and tracking mechanisms; sets performance metrics; assigns responsibilities for team members; develops a budget.
Technical / Design
- Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally. Recognizes changes in the environment and present resources as indicators of future problems and opportunities; prepares for such eventualities, e.g. initiates plan to acquire new engineering skills required by changes in technology.
- Develop and oversee report metrics associated with reliability of equipment in support of Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) approach.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, and 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- Experience with Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault tree analysis (FTA), Criticality Analysis (CA), and Statistical process control (SPC), Six-sigma methodology, reliability modelling & prediction, and PM optimization.
- Technical background in FDA regulated environment such as health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceuticals is desired.
Keywords: predictive technologies Ultra sound, vibration analysis, infrared and Maximo.
Travel: Yes, up to 25% of the Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org