Sr. Hybrid Solutions Consultant--Edge Networking
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
The primary purpose of this position is to work hand in hand with sales reps and engineering team to drive sales and share product expertise as well as provide advanced technology solutions with a focus in Edge technology (i.e. SD-WAN, network infrastructure, circuits, routing & switching, etc.). This applies to both our current and growing customer base with an added focus on increasing the Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) of MNJ Services.
• Educate sales reps how to identify opportunities and understand target markets of focused technology areas through group and individual trainings as needed.
• Outline and explain the sales process within focused technology areas and buying triggers so sales reps can communicate to their customers.
• Develop customer facing documents including the build of proposals, High-Level Estimates/Bill of Materials and Statements of Work.
• Participate in quarterly focused activities as directed by the company.
• Provide awareness to management on emerging market trends and provide direction to sales reps on an ongoing basis.
• Meet with sales reps individually to identify target accounts and strategy.
• Serve as technical resource for sales rep with customer calls and/or meetings. Assist with closing sale as needed.
• Actively update and maintain Company’s internal system, Pipedrive, with current statuses on opportunities and projects daily.
• Act as a liaison between sales, advanced technical solutions team and vendor partners as appropriate.
• Schedule and conduct regularly scheduled meetings with sales management to provide updates on opportunities.
• Engage with the Marketing department regarding ensuring sales collateral is current on an as needed basis.
• Assess, design and provide IT solutions across technologies including but not limited to: server, storage, networking, virtualization, backup, disaster recovery/business continuity along with associated cloud services. Engage appropriate resource if area falls outside of expertise.
• Perform technical presentations and demonstrations to customers.
• Articulate our service capabilities as well as reseller capabilities to stakeholders.
• Maintain and grow multi-vendor technical and pre-sales IT knowledge.
• Keep relevant technical/market knowledge up to date.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 5 years of experience in IT industry required.
• At least 5 years of experience in a technical consulting role or similar required.
• At least 5 years of experience in giving technical sales presentations to executive level leadership required.
• At least 5 years of experience with Network Routing & Switching Design (Routing/ Switch/ Firewall/ Load Balancer) required.
• Advanced understanding of network principles and advanced networking topics including: Routing/Switching, Datacenter Switching and Software-Defined Networking required.
• Advanced understanding of data center technologies including: SAN/NAS, iSCSi vs. Fibre Channel vs. FCoE, converged infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure, software-defined data center services along with backup and disaster recovery required.
• Advanced understanding of cloud solutions including: AWS, Azure, and/or additional cloud solutions required.
• Knowledge of vendor providers including, but not limited to: Cisco, Dell/EMC, HPE, Pure, Tegile, Nutanix, Juniper and Unitrends.
• Must be able to successfully complete industry certifications as assigned.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate key messages clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work as a team with sales and engineering resources.
• Results-focused and goal-oriented.
• Self-motivated with the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges.
• Must be able to adapt to change seamlessly.
• Must be willing to travel on an as needed basis.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer