CDL Driver - Airline Catering Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
The CDL Driver is responsible for catering aircraft and transporting meals to assigned flights. They are in charge of providing excellent customer service to the airlines we cater. Must have the ability to follow direction, meet tight deadlines, and interact/communicate with vendor airline crew is necessary.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays.
- Work overtime when required.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniform as required.
Driver – Qualifications:
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (Class B and A)
- Pass a DOT Pre-Employment Physical and ongoing physicals per DOT standards
- Pass an airport and TSA background check
Excellent attendance record
- Ability to speak, read and understand English
- Full compliance will all work rules and regulations
- Flexibility, able to react to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate with Customers/Coworkers
- No Scheduling restrictions (able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Organizational skills and ability to work under extreme pressure
Able to pass a basic written and driving skills test
Starting Wage Rate Per Local Wage Supplement:
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise.
Working in a cold weather environment.
Benefits of working at LSG Sky Chefs
- Short distance travel to O’Hare airport
- Full time / permanent work
- Union environment
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance after 90 days of employment
- 401k after 6 months of employment
- Vacations, sick days and holiday paid after 1 year of employment
- Uniforms and safety shoe provided
- Free meals