Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Part-Time Clinician
Job ID 3757
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Part-Time Clinician in the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) will work up to 29 hours per week. This position will work with DePaul students enrolled in the CSD who have disabilities such as: Learning Disorders (LD), Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD), Chronic Illness, Mental Health Disorders, Physical and Sensory Impairments, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), etc. CSD clinicians work with undergraduate and graduate students in all the Schools/Colleges throughout the University. This position will be located on the Lincoln Park or Loop campus office Monday through Friday with possible evening hours depending on departmental needs. The part-time Clinician works three academic terms (autumn, winter, spring) with possible opportunities for summer employment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Conduct weekly one-on-one sessions with identified roster of students to support academic success including, but not limited to: assessment of student learning profile, creation of customized remediation plan, monitoring student progress, and advising of course selection for next term.
- Sessions are 50 minutes in duration and may be once or twice each week as needed for the general CSD student population.
- Advocate with and for students, as appropriate, in collaboration with faculty, staff, therapists, parents and other key individuals in students’ lives.
- Understand CSD confidentiality policies and optional self-disclosure of students’ CSD enrollment.
- Complete and maintain necessary forms, reports and an ongoing record of the weekly sessions with each student; collaborate with the CSD Advisor or administrative staff regarding individual student needs and progress.
- Collaborate with staff sharing key knowledge and best practices as well as accepting same from staff to increase one’s own knowledge-base.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings contributing to discussions and any follow-up assignments related to departmental needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Special Education, Disability Education/Rehabilitation, Disability Counseling, Learning Disabilities, Social Work, or related fields.
- Knowledge of diagnostic testing instruments (e.g., WAIS-IV, Woodcock Johnson-IV, WIAT-III, BASC3), interpretation of results and associated accommodations.
- 4-6 years experience providing instructional and advocacy support for students and/or adults with disabilities.
- Knowledge of relevant laws governing students with disabilities (ADA, Section 504, FERPA, IDEA) and guidelines for accommodations.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Knowledge of computer technologies and software programs; Outlook, Microsoft Office, assistive technologies, etc.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Team player and collaborator within the department and across the University.
- Flexibility and diplomacy in handling unforeseen situations.
- Ability to develop a positive working rapport with students.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER INDICATING YOUR CAMPUS PREFERENCE.
- This position will be located at the Lincoln Park or Loop campus office Monday-Friday with possible evening hours depending on departmental needs.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Full Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Part-Time Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/part-time/Pages/default.aspx
Required Background Check:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b9vr8bd2j49n96rs