Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Developer - Seattle
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications.
Oracle s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
*Position Overview: *
We re looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
*You ll work at the intersection of infrastructure and applications where we are leveraging OCI to transform some of the largest SaaS properties in the industry. *
- Make the existing oracle SaaS portfolio including the multi-billion dollar revenue producing Fusion applications become first class Oracle Cloud citizens.
- Revolutionize software delivery, patching, upgrades and other lifecycle management across 10s of data centers each containing fleets of 10s of 1000s of application instances in a highly available, reliable and performant fashion.
- Leverage the same underlying shared cloud platform and services to allow multiple oracle SaaS products to work together, adding value through service composition (Fusion apps Data Analytics BI ).
- Continuously optimize cost through continued focus on reducing operational footprint.
In essence this position provides the opportunity to run Oracle s biggest workloads on our rapidly growing public cloud. We are working on the cutting edge to take SaaS through the same (on-prem / private cloud -> pubic cloud) transition that IaaS has gone through.
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff your responsibility will include
- Ownership of software design and development for major components.
- Diving deep into any part of the stack and low level systems, as well as design of broad distributed system interactions.
- Collaboration with various teams throughout Oracle in all phases of development.
- Championing quality through code reviews, design reviews, security reviews etc.
- Mentoring of junior developers.
- 3 years of experience shipping software.
- Experience designing and developing stable, scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Proficiency in Java or C#.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts (data structures, algorithms, and programming paradigms).
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Job: Product Development
Title: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Developer – Seattle
Requisition ID: 19001JA2
Other Locations: United States