Sr. Food Chemistry Scientist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
SUMMARY OF ROLE: This position will be a key technical resource to ensure and assess that Food Safety and Quality Standards and testing protocols are optimal, practical, and validated before accepting into Mizkan quality standards. This position will contribute as a technical resource for analytical testing needed both at Mizkan production facilities and in support of work by Mizkan Corporate Quality. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as subject expert for Mizkan for all product analytical testing and testing method development, validation and verification.
· Evaluate the appropriateness of current sampling protocols, test methods, and handling of results through review of records, laboratory results, and discussion with Mizkan personnel, and recommend and implement improvement changes.
· Deliver test methods to comply with Mizkan Quality Documentation standards.
· Maintain outside expert network and identify and maintain contact with the best in class outside laboratory services for testing needed.
· Partners with R&D to ensure testing methods are available for new products & processes as needed.
· Supports Mizkan Corporate Quality group with test method validation & harmonization as needed to create specifications, policies and standards, and customer documentation.
· Assist with audit and review of Mizkan America’s testing protocols and results. Work to improve laboratory capabilities in manufacturing facilities and assure Good Laboratory Practices.
· Keep current with analytical methodologies and developments in chemistry and physical analysis.
· Drive and deliver other quality related projects and/or task as identified.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• B.S. or M.S. in Food Science with focus on Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely related technical fields.
• Formal basic course work in food chemistry, biochemistry, and food processing, with related laboratory courses, is mandatory.
• Minimum 7 year with M.S. or 10 years with B.S. food analytical chemistry experience. Laboratory set-up and/or management experience is highly valued.
• Strong computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Database Application Strongly are essential. Experience in statistic methodology is highly desired.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
• Detail oriented, accurate, aspired to continuous learning and improving are success attributes.
• Travel up to 25%.