Facility Rental Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60532
Provide support to the facility rental team by assisting with the booking and servicing of event rental space for both internal and external audiences in support of department and institutional operational and financial goals.
- Ensure top-quality customer service to facility rental clients throughout entire sales cycle from initial inquiry through post event details. Respond promptly to telephone and email inquiries. * * Finalize all set-up related event details. Attend or monitor functions, as appropriate, to provide active support.
- Promote Arboretum space to external clients conducting tours of facilities with potential customers communicating options and benefits of Arboretum rentals.
- Prepare event agreements for the Manager’s review and signature.
- Communicate room use and rental policies and procedures to users.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the catering food and beverage menus and wedding package options.
- Design, schedule and supervise room set ups for optimal utilization, allowing sufficient time for set-ups and tear-downs for sequential events. Create room configuration diagram for clients and building services. Lead the scheduling and coordination of ancillary room use services, (e.g. cleaning, HVAC, audio-visual support, etc).
- Support Facility Rental Manager, Coordinators and Assistant as needed to ensure events meet the highest standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Current enrollment in a Hospitality Management program or desire to be involved in the event industry. Previous work experience in a hospitality environment preferred. Knowledge of customer service practices, and familiarity with standard catering concepts and knowledge preferred. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications beneficial. Organizational skills required. Ability to travel between various on-site Arboretum locations, including: Visitor Center, Thornhill Education Center, and special event sites.
Personable, outgoing, and customer service-oriented individual who is able to relate effectively and build positive relationships with all constituents. Flexible, detail-oriented, and deadline driven. Resourcefulness and ability to think quickly to manage last minute client requests is essential. Demonstrate a genuine interest in learning and promoting the subject matter of the Arboretum.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Occasional standing and walking to show facilities. Work requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 30 lbs.).
- Work Environment: Fast-paced office environment and some event locations (indoor and outdoor) around the Arboretum.
- Equipment: General office equipment, audio-visual equipment.
- Schedule: Evening and weekend work is regularly required. Weekly work schedule will vary.
The Morton Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer – disability/veteran.