Implementation Manager II - Epic Environment Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Evanston, IL, NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 900 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs over 10,500 people.
We are currently seeking an Implementation Manager II for our Health Information Technology Department located at 4901 Searle Parkway in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
This person will be responsible to oversee project implementations, upgrades and environment coordination pertaining to our HealthSystem’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) Epic.
In this role, you will:
- Lead Epic-related project implementation and upgrades that will be complex, highly integrated and involve many IT teams and applications
- Enhance processes around Integrated Testing
- Enhance consistency and standardization with approach to management of environments and upgrades (including but not limited to Epic Upgrades, Epic Release Authorizations, and other application upgrades, patches, etc…)
- Coordination and execution of all Epic upgrades/releases
- Overall management and coordination of Epic’s Incident System, Sherlock
- Overall management and coordination of Epic’s Release System, Nova
- Overall management and coordination of Epic’s Change Management Tool, Data Courier
- Identification and implementation of opportunities related to upgrades/releases
- Coordination of process and issue management for RAs, sign-offs, go/no-go discussions, schedule changes, and impact analysis
- Point of contact for Business Continuity Access (BCA) to coordinate activity amongst the teams.
- Coordination of Epic environments
- Coordination of testing timelines (Epic upgrades and RAs)
- Facilitation and ownership of discussions between applications and technical teams
- Management and coordination of Change Control Meetings related to Epic environments, RAs, and upgrade
- Coordination of Integrated Testing for Third Party Applications (related to Epic implementation)
- Monitor application performance using Epic’s System Pulse Analytics (SPA) and work with various application and technical teams
- Provide leadership and mentoring to ensure the goals, expectations, and policies of the department and organization are followed across IT
- Ability to operate with limited oversight and guidance from senior management
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields.
- 12 years of relevant project management experience within a healthcare setting preferred
- Prior Epic project implementation and/or enterprise-wide system upgrade experience preferred
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, issue resolution and coordination skills
- Excellent project management skills required, PMP preferred
- Experience in SDLC
- Experience in Epic or Epic certification a plus
- Epic environment management experience preferred
- Epic-related Upgrade experience preferred
- Data Courier certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore continually achieves high quality and professionalism. Also, visit our careers page (www.northshore.org/careers) to learn why we’re consistently recognized as a top employer in Chicagoland.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Implementation Manager II – Epic Environment Coordinator
Requisition ID: 70090